As Microsoft continues to push Office 365 and SharePoint Online as the future of workplace collaboration, some companies remain firmly entrenched on-premises, while others face daunting technical challenges in a move to the cloud.
Looking to collect empirical data to explain trends, Christian Buckley of CollabTalk LLC, in conjunction with the Marriott School of Management at Brigham Young University, next week is launching a study to:
- Estimate the market size of the hybrid SharePoint market
- Understand why customers choose to remain on-premises
- Identify fears and concerns of moving SharePoint to the cloud
- Understand the technical challenges for moving SharePoint to the cloud, including moving third-party solutions and how many customers are impacted by these challenges
- Outline how customers are addressing these challenges through hybrid SharePoint solutions
- Understand the security and administrative implications of maintaining a hybrid SharePoint environment
A link to participate in the study will be made available next week, and data will be collected only until March 17.