AvePoint enhances business productivity and expedites the shift to the cloud with its latest release of DocAve
AvePoint, the established leader in enabling enterprise collaboration across platforms and devices, today announced the general availability of DocAve 6 Service Pack (SP) 6. With this release, organizations can provide their business users with the tools to work more efficiently in Microsoft SharePoint better support users moving to Office 365.
DocAve 6 Service Pack (SP) 6: Centralized and Efficient SharePoint Management and Protection
As a fully integrated platform, DocAve enables centralized or delegated management of SharePoint farms hosted on premises, or in private and public clouds such as Office 365 and Microsoft Azure. DocAve enables organizations to increase business productivity, reduce total cost of ownership, provide IT assurance, and enable security and compliance for business content. New features available in DocAve 6 SP 6 include:
- Real-Time Response to Policy Violations: With DocAve Administrator, organizations can immediately identify and automatically block unauthorized modifications of SharePoint environments before they occur through real time rules enforcement and end user notifications, allowing administrators to take a more proactive approach to SharePoint security and configuration management.
- Simplify Line-of-Business Application Deployment with Patterns: Many organizations build and maintain highly-configured SharePoint templates to serve specific business purposes. With DocAve Deployment Manager, organizations can simplify the deployment of SharePoint customizations and line-of-business applications by creating patterns that can be moved along the development lifecycle and deployed to as many production destinations as necessary to keep projects moving forward. Organizations can also create new version of patterns and retroactively apply changes to existing patterns at once.
- Eliminate IT Disruption with End User Restores: With DocAve Backup and Restore, end users now have the option restore content from both full platform and granular backups directly to their live environment through the SharePoint interface, reducing both IT and business disruption.
SharePoint High Speed Migration to Office 365
AvePoint also announced the ability to rapidly migrate to Microsoft's cloud with DocAve High Speed Migration for Office 365. By integrating with Microsoft's new SharePoint Online Migration API and Azure technologies, DocAve High Speed Migration enables organizations to migrate and deploy SharePoint Online and Office 365 with speeds up to five times faster than before ? overcoming potential issues including bandwidth, throttling, physical distance, network latency, and information security concerns. Additional benefits of DocAve High Speed Migration include:
- Full Fidelity Migration: DocAve's unique data transfer allows organizations to granularly protect the structure, metadata, design elements, and security settings of all content for migrations to Office 365. DocAve High Speed Migration simplifies the migration process by automating the construction of new SharePoint environments and performing multi-thread uploads directly to Azure through Azure Express Route or via drive shipping.
- Secure and Compliant Migration: Organizations can ensure the security of business critical content by encrypting data packages with BitLocker prior to migration. For additional security and performance improvements, organizations can utilize secure drive shipping for high speed migration to the nearest Microsoft Data Center.
"Across industries and in organizations of all sizes, SharePoint has continued to evolve into a business critical platform where collaboration happens and work gets done,? said John Peluso, Senior Vice President of Product Strategy, AvePoint. "With these new features for DocAve, organizations can ensure that business teams will always have access to the tools they need to get their job done along with the confidence that their information is well managed and protected both in the cloud and on premises.?